Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Christmas cheer.

I remember all too well the intense longing I had at Christmas last year for Sweet P to be a part of the celebration.  It was with overwhelming joy that we shared in Jesus' birthday ... celebrating His birth to save creation from sin and adopting us into His eternal family.  How amazing to share in His birthday with our own adopted child!  The celebration was beyond wonderful!  


K's work has a fun little Christmas party for the children each year.  Once Santa arrived, Buddy grabbed his hand and escorted him into the building.  He wasn't letting go.
Sweet P had an agenda of her own with the big man.  She only wanted to show off her pink nails!  
Peanut felt the need to tell him several times she wanted roller skates but otherwise wasn't her smiley self.   She had a collision in the bouncy house with someone's head and her tooth took all the impact.  It has since turned darkish and hopefully will be loose and fall out shortly.  Such is life.
We always open gifts on Christmas Eve, and Sweet P caught on very quickly.  ...so quickly, in fact, that while others were opening theirs, she was sneaking another from under the tree and opening it.  Even if it wasn't hers.  Funny.

I said in the last post I failed to take a picture of the Jesse Tree, but I did!  I snapped one Christmas Eve as K read the Christmas story from Luke 2 to the kids.  
Then we spent Christmas Eve with our church family...  The children had practiced "What Child is This?" and memorized Bible verses to recite at the service.  It was precious.  
We still play the "game" of Santa at our house.  The kids thought it appropriate to leave him cookies and milk with carrots and an apple for Rudolph.  
Christmas could not have been more blessed with our Sweet P home!  Seeing everything through her eyes was a treasure... "Mit-muss lights!"  "Mit-muss tree!" "Baby Jee-dus!"  "Woo-doff!"  "Frah-tee da No-man!" (Missing that front tooth makes many consonants difficult!)  Thanks for sharing this special time by way of blog.  Blessings, angela

No comments:

Post a Comment